Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Job Type: Part Time Contractor (20-30 hours weekly)
Duration: 6-months with possibility of contract renewal
Conservation Metrics, Inc. is a technology driven environmental consulting firm committed to improving wildlife conservation through better monitoring. We develop machine learning approaches to process and analyze data-streams from remote sensors; including microphones, cameras, drones, and satellites.
We work with clients around the world. Since our founding in 2012, we have completed over 300 projects in 23 countries.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us renovate our core architecture, transforming our on-premises code-base into a modular service-based model that is portable and scalable in cloud environments.
Our ideal candidates are curious, driven to find elegant solutions to complex problems, and interested in our mission. They are comfortable working collaboratively, and having technical discussions with non-specialists.
We envision this position working remotely, with regularly scheduled days at our offices in Santa Cruz.
Desired Skills / Attributes
- 3 years experience as a member of a Software Development team
- (front-end) Experience implementing User Experience focused designs
- (back-end) Web service development experience in Python
- (back-end) Relational and NoSQL Database Experience (at the moment, we use MySQL, Redis and Memcache)
- A security and scalability-oriented mindset
- Working knowledge of source control (we use git & github)
- Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and project management
- Passion for quality software architecture & design
- Strong communication abilities with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Persistent desire to learn new skills and technologies
CMI offers a salary that is competitive for the duties described. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to [fullstack_dev AT conservationmetrics.com]. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.